My husband has the greenest of green thumbs. Because of this, we run a plant foster care program of sorts. Friends are given plants or even dish gardens instead of flowers for hospital stays or funerals. The recipient appreciates the gift, but wants it to live. So it comes to live here, where I can draw and paint them!
This sketch is my first attempt at a pen and ink drawing with a watercolor wash.
15 comments:
Hello to a dear lurker.
lots of love from susan in australia
Susan, thank you so much. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw I had a comment already.
Hard to believe this is a first attempt! Well done! (And did you know this is EDM Challenge no. 136? :)
This one looks absolutely healthy! :) I agree with Dan, this doesn't look like a first attempt at all. Beautiful work!
This is great - I like the way that the focus is on the plant and not the pot. Looking forward to more!
Glad you stopped lurking - great plant painting.
Dan
Thank you for your kind words! Somehow I had missed the plant challenge. I will change the blog title. Thanks again!
Alex
Yes, the dracaena is thriving here. I suspect you will see many more plants and flowers posted. Thank you for your comments.
Marancat
I am glad you like my sketch. I thought the plant was the interesting part so I didn't put much into the pot.
Shirley
Thanks for stopping by. I am glad I stopped lurking too. It was a big step for me.
I appreciate all the comments. Thanks again.
Beautiful Work!
Whoot! You're off to the races! This is a wonderful sketch and the watercolor is so well done! Don't sweat the small stuff, just do, do, do!!
You are off to a great start. I like the plant and the zentangles too. Glad you decided to share. Have fun! :)
Welcome to the group. I'm glad you decided to share. Very nice blog.
Thanks to all for the kind words and welcome. A special shout out to Raena for the encouragement.
It's just like these wonderful folks here to wish you a warm welcome. Truly a great bunch. I have to agree with the above comments that you seem to be well on your way to producing a lot of watercolors - with your setup you should have a lot of great plants as subject too.
It's a wonderful drawing and painting! I love to draw plants .... in part because they are such patient models! lol nancy
Gary
I very much appreciate the warm welcome. I agree the people here are a great bunch.
nanke
Yes, plants and flowers make great subjects. They don't move like pets and people. My cat leaves as soon as she sees the sketchbook, lol!
Post a Comment