Tuesday, January 19, 2010

EDM # 14--Draw what you see in the morning when you get up





John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." So, I present my Sunday post on Tuesday. This is the first thing I see in the morning, when I get up. As for the sketch, I remain a humble student of pen and ink, and watercolor.

16 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

What a lovely scene to wake up to! You're making great progress. It's a fine little piece. nancy

Alex said...

I think it's beautiful! I love plants but unfortunately I am not good at taking care of them. Instead of green fingers, I probably have brown and rusty ones -_-
Anyway, the drawing is nice, and I really like the colors! Thanks for sharing

Lynn Logan Roselli said...

What a nice picture. I think you pen,ink watercolor sketch is beautiful!

Ellen Burkett said...

A lovely sight to see in the morning! I should be so lucky to see such a pretty sight when I wake up. Looks like your watercolors are serving you well and you are serving THEM well! Great colors and I especially like the viewpoint! Great job, Donna!

Patty Ruthe said...

I love working with watercolor and pen and ink, too. House plants combat indoor pollution, good for you. Nice sketch.

A.Marie said...

It's a lovely sketch, and I imagine plants are very nice to wake up too.

Sarah said...

I'd like to wake up to some fresh looking green plants like this - lovely

Shirley said...

Pretty plants - and you also fulfilled this week's EDM challenge.

donna said...

Nancy--thank you. I think I am making progress too! That makes me very happy.

Alex--I am so happy to "see" you. Welcome back! We missed you.

Lynn--Thank you for your kind words!

Ellen--Thanks for visiting and the compliments.

Patty--Thank you, I love house plants, I think they lift the spirits too.

A.Marie--Thanks for stopping. I appreciate it.

Sarah--Thanks so much!

Shirley--I hadn't even thought of this weeks challenge. Thanks for everything!

Unknown said...

Great job, Donna! You handle your medium very well!

Ramona Davidson said...

Good art. You captured it beautifully.

donna said...

raena--thank you. I still feel like I don't know what I am doing with the watercolor. More practice will help!

Ramona--thank you too, I appreciate your kind words.

Anonymous said...

That's a nice way to wake up. I saw draw a houseplant was this week's EDM challenge. I'll have to do that by memory since my cats have destroyed anything green in my house.

donna said...

TAG--Yes, cats can be hard on houseplants. Ours have had to learn to let the houseplants alone! Thanks for stopping by.

Krista Meister said...

Aww, what a great view. And I love the John Lennon quote - we can all use that advice.

donna said...

Krista--I am so glad you stopped by! I love your blog. And yes, "life" is still happening. I don't know how I am ever going to get caught up.