Monday, April 05, 2010

EDM # 76--Draw Some Flowers


This is not my favorite sketch. It did not turn out like the picture in my head. I understand this happens, but it is frustrating. Especially since I really enjoyed painting it. 

I finally got a scanner. I am not sure I can recreate the steps to get another image onto blogger ;-) Please email me if the image is too large. I will try to fix it.

This is also my first attempt with Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Artists' Crayons. I think I will love them, after more practice.

15 comments:

Marthann's Musings said...

Lovely, nice bright colors.

Peachtreeart said...

Your flowers soooo make me want to do flowers myself!

Jennifer Edwards said...

Hi Donna! A sweet, simple sketch here. Keep playing with those Neocolor crayons...you'll love 'em!

Sarah said...

I don't like Neocolors at all but I think I'm in a minority! Your daffs are bright and happy and full of the warmth of spring.

Anonymous said...

The daffodils look so very bright and cheerful! I think we all must get frustrated at times with the difference between the vision in our heads and what comes out on paper, at least I know I do. We just have to keep chugging away at it. :)

Ramona Davidson said...

Love the colors. The vase really pops. Your picture is just the right size. You did a good job creating it and posting it. Look forward to seeing more of your art.

Ellen Burkett said...

Excellent! I might just need to try those neocolors. I know absolutely nothing about them but it looks like they work well for you! Great job, Donna!
Nothing says spring like daffodils and these are really saying it loud and proud.

Revelle Taillon said...

I like it! I just got some Caran D'arche colored pencils and love them! So smooth!

donna said...

Peachtreeart--I can't wait to see your flowers! Thanks for stopping and commenting. i couldn't find an email for you to contact you directly!

Janene said...

I like the cheery colors and the shiny vase--well done!

Alex said...

It's a great drawing ^^ And the flowers look so happy they're trying to sing or something

Unknown said...

Well, I like it! It is simple and clean. The important thing is to keep "enjoying" it, then eventually you will start creating things closer to what you see in your head! Is it from imagination then? Because I don't think I could do so well from imagination!

Krista said...

Hi Donna! The photo is exactly the right size for the web. I struggle with Neocolor crayons too. Even if it didn't turn out like you planned, it would still make a great notecard.

Ann said...

Oh, neocolors are so much fun! This is a delightful sketch! I think flowers are really difficult to draw and my drawings of flowers never look like what I imagined. Your daffodils are so bright and happy and that vase complements them perfectly.
ps. thanks for adding me to your blog list :-)

Maria Mcclain said...

Hi Donna, you have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and beautiful! hope u go for this website to increase visitor.