Thursday, August 26, 2010

Some Sketches





I haven't posted in forever, but that doesn't mean I haven't been sketching. 

Here is my take on a Sunflower. This was done with my Pentel Pocket Brush Pen and Neocolor II crayons. 



Here is a Mother-in-law's tongue. This one is done with Microns and Watercolor. 




14 comments:

E*phi said...

Lovely paintings! I like the sunflower. I *love* sunflowers. :) The blue background looks beautiful too! Just as the second plant. Interesting name - I just picture-googled it and found out that it's actually a plant I know! :) Just one of those really popular ones that I never knew the name of (not even in my first language).

winna said...

Love the Mother In Law's Tongue---made me chuckle---does one give her this plant to keep her busy developing a green thumb instead of talking a blue streak ?

Alex said...

Ooooooooh I love the brush strokes! It looks so much like the japanese style paintings!
And the other one is nice too....summer I could feel that is ending, we're getting a little cold front this morning, and yesterday too....ahhhhh finally, we're able to get a little drier.

donna said...

E*phi--thanks for the kind words.

winna-glad I could make you chuckle. My husband uses the "real" name, but I prefer "mother-in-law's tongue. It's so much more, um, colorful!

Alex, I wasn't sure about the sunflower. I am glad you liked it.

Thanks all!

Anonymous said...

we were drawing sunflower at the same time!
Nice to see your beautiful drawings, with new post.

nanke's stuff said...

I'm so glad you are posting again! I love these pieces. I look forward to seeing more!!! nancy

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you've been sketching while away. Sadly, I have done very little as of late. I'm hoping to change that very soon though! Wonderful drawings! Hope we both post more often in Sept! :D

donna said...

Benedicte--It seems sunflowers are in season on EDM. Thanks for the kind words!

Nancy--I am very happy to be posting again. I am glad you enjoyed my sketches.

raena--don't be too hard on yourself about sketching. Hasn't it been really really hot where you are? We have had a hot summer here, but with some nice breaks. I am not sure you have had a break at all. It is hard to even think in the heat. Yes, here's to lots of posts in September. Especially if I can beat that dog project block.

K said...

Oh neat, never heard of a "mother-in-law's tongue" before! Lovely sketches, glad to hear you've been sketching away even if not on the computer, as it should be - LOL!

donna said...

Thanks Krista! I am glad you are back. Off to your site to comment too :-)

Revelle Taillon said...

I love this one!

donna said...

Revelle--thanks! I am glad to see you.

debra morris said...

Love the sunflower!

donna said...

Debra--thank you so much.