"Every artist was first an amateur" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thursday, November 19, 2009
EDM # 15--Draw a (Palm) Tree
Here is a palm tree from my trip. I am using Student grade watercolors. I want to upgrade after the holidays. I hope it will make a difference in my sketches.
I love this palm tree! It's very rare here in Germany but you'd see palm tree all over Malaysia... so it really reminds me of home ^^ Thank you for the post, and thanks for your comments on my drawing
I keep doing that too...seeing supplies that are better than mine, and buying it because I think it will improve my skills! Though, I have heard that Senneliers almost do the painting for you! ;)
8 comments:
Palm trees -- one of my own deep, personal symbols! I love yours, it's iconic.
I agree with Christie. Love those palms! What a great symbol to bring back from Florida! Good job, Donna!
Let us know about the watercolors!
I love this palm tree! It's very rare here in Germany but you'd see palm tree all over Malaysia... so it really reminds me of home ^^
Thank you for the post, and thanks for your comments on my drawing
Christie--I am glad you love the palm tree. Thank you! There is something special about palm trees.
Ellen--Thank you and yes I will let you know about the artist grade watercolors.
Alex--Thank you. I glad I was able to remind you of home.
Thanks all for stopping and leaving kind words.
Those palm trees are quite a challenge aren't they? And they beckon! I live in Miami, and they are always and interesting task. Good effort!
I love the style and colors. Good job.
I keep doing that too...seeing supplies that are better than mine, and buying it because I think it will improve my skills! Though, I have heard that Senneliers almost do the painting for you! ;)
Love the palm tree!
Like that little bit under the fronds, where the old ones fell off.
Post a Comment