Monday, December 07, 2009

EDM # 63--Draw Something Found on a Nature Walk




This drawing has been hanging around and waiting to be posted for sometime now. I found the pine-cone while walking my dog, Kasey. It took several tries to get something that resembles a pine-cone.  I am glad I kept working at it.

10 comments:

Shirley said...

Love it! I picked up a fresh pine cone today on my way home from my old office. This is getting to be an annual painting in my sketchbook.

Shirley

Ellen Burkett said...

It's WONDERFUL!!! You did a great job! I like the paper it's on too. Is it that color or did the scan darken it? In any case, you did good girl!

Ann said...

I like this drawing. A lot. Well done!

Unknown said...

Oh you did great! Pinecones are fun to sketch...think I need to go hunt down another pinecone!

Sarah said...

They're tricky subjects pinecones, and you did a good job - ANN in pen too :)

donna said...

Thanks all! I really appreciate your comments.

Ramona Davidson said...

I think you did wonderful on it. Looks like one and has the texture of one. Good job.

Anonymous said...

really beautiful drawing, strong lines.

Jeff Knecht said...

This was instantly recognizable. Way to stick with it until you're happy with the result. Very nice.

Patty Ruthe said...

Great lines on the pine cone! Love it.