Tuesday, March 09, 2010

EDM # 125--Draw a Bird


This Baltimore Oriole was done using Inktense Pencils. A few details were added with Micron Pens. 

We have had Orioles nest in our yard, and they are so beautiful. Please enjoy my rendition!

12 comments:

Alex said...

Beautifully drawn. Love the colors :) and welcome back. Sorry to hear about the severe weather condition that you've been experiencing, hopefully things are much better now.

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

Very pretty. Glad to hear you are feeling better and are back at your art. We were also plagued with snow in NH and a couple of weeks ago very high winds, loss of power...... This past weekend the temps were in the high 40's!!?? Welcome to New England.

Ellen Burkett said...

I am SO glad you're feeling better! That Sjogren's is no walk in the park. And those inktense pencils! I LOVE them...so far at least. I've never really done anything but play with them.
.
The oriole is great! Such glorious colors! Great job on the drawing, too.
.
I was told that orioles like slicles of oranges. Is that true? We have something that looks kind of like an oriole in my neck of the woods, but I think it's a finch of some sort.
.
Anyway, welcome back! Keep on drawing!

donna said...

Alex--Thanks! You are so kind.

Patsy--I heard that 40 % of NH was without power at one point. Yikes! Thanks for visiting and the compliment.

Ellen--Yes, it is wonderful to feel "normal" I am trying not to overdo. You will hear from me soon! I really appreciate your kind words.

Unknown said...

So glad you are feeling better! I had never heard of Sjorgrens and went to the link you provided. That does not look fun, sorry to hear you have it.

You didn't lose your touch while you were away; the bird looks great!

nanke's stuff said...

It's just lovely! I love the intense colors! nancy

Dan Kent said...

The orange is so intense! Amazing you can do that with pencils. Anyway, down here in my yard we get the Spot-breasted Oriole, another beautiful bird.

Janene said...

Beautifully done!

Ramona Davidson said...

Lovely bright colors and composition. Good work on this one. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

The drawing of the oriole is lovely, good job!

Anonymous said...

They are a beautiful bird, even though I've only seen them in pictures. You've done a great job on this one. Nicely done!

Krista Meister said...

You are very brave to try Inktense pencils. I can't bring myself to that kind of commitment yet, having them become permanent when they dry. You've done a lovely bird with them though!