Saturday, May 08, 2010

Mom--Post-It Note Fiction #1

A few weeks ago, I posted a link about something called Post-It Note Fiction. This is my first attempt. Its theme is a Mother, in honor of the holiday this weekend. Actually, that was just a happy accident! 

I typing the "short" story out in case you can't read my less-than-stellar handwriting.

MOM 

My mother believed there was nothing as vulgar as a tattoo. She passed away last year. I was sick with grief. I was so angry, I decided to get my own tattoo. I got a heart on my right hip. Now my mom visits my dreams to tell me how much she hates it. I don't mind, I am happy to see her.

18 comments:

martinepittet said...

Very nice !

Sharon P Pope said...

I love it! Your little story is great. Do some more! :)

nanke's stuff said...

It is very nice, indeed. And, I just bet you mom doesn't mind the tatoo as much as you think - it just gives her an excuse to visit you! nancy

Sandra said...

Ahhh,independence. Great story.

Anonymous said...

This is great. I second what Sharon says -do some more!

Alex said...

It's sweet. We all hated mom's nagging whenever she's around, and we miss only that in her absence. =) This is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Excellent story!

Revelle Taillon said...

all mom's hate something we like or love. It's in the "Mom's" handbook that they give new mom's when their kids are born! Let go of that little line in your head and she may learn to like it from over there!

Krista said...

What a cool idea, Donna! Very inventive story and I absolutely love your handwriting!

Ellen Burkett said...

A: I agree with Krista. Your handwriting is wonderful...artsy and cool looking!
B: The story tells it all. Nothing more to be added and nothing to be taken away. Perfect, simple and complete. This is a great idea, this Post-it-note idea. If I were better at writing I might try it. Sadly, I'm not. You ARE!
.
Great job, Donna!

Bénédicte said...

this is just wonderful, the story, the writing and the drawing.
I love it...more please.

Art is for the Making said...

Hoorah - you did a post-it note story. In a short space, you wrote a moving story. Now, write another one!

(And you DO have nice handwriting.)

p.s. After my father died, he was in my dreams too, and I was also glad to see him. I know the feeling.

donna said...

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words! And thanks for the compliments on my handwriting. I really appreciate the time each of you took to visit and comment.

I am already working on the next one. I would love to see some of you give this a go!

One thing though, my mom wants everyone to know she is alive and well and living in Pittsburgh ;-) The story was entirely made up.

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Donna, this is a sweet story and funny, how you found a way to stay close to your mum... But I bet she's more tickle pink with it, just wont tell you to keep the tradition going : )

CarmenT said...

Your little post-it note story made me cry. It was an exercise. Super short. And yet it turned out so beautiful.

I don't even feel cheated to find out it was fiction. Just happy for you that a) your mom is still alive (as is mine at 83, I'm 41) and b) that you are so talented.

Congratulations on a job well done.

CarmenT said...

Donna - I know this isn't the best place to leave it but my "friend connect" button doesn't work so I can't message you that way.

Thank god you replied to my post and your screen name matched your e-mail name closely enough for me to know it was you.

Thank you so much for coming by and joining my blog. I hope you like what you see there on a regular basis and comment often.

Anyway, thanks again and keep up the good work on your blog. Maybe do another Post-It Note Fiction sometime soon. Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Perhaps your tattoo will one day grown on her...;)

donna said...

Thanks for taking time to visit, Skyliner80!