Wednesday, September 15, 2010

EDM # 91--Draw an Apple

When you give an artist an apple, she has to paint it! I put housework aside yesterday to capture this apple. The scanner did some funny things to it, but I think it looks pretty good!



18 comments:

aseknc said...

Great job! A 'Golden Delicious'?
:o)

Anita ♥
http://asesaj.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

donna said...

Thanks Anita! Actually it is a Ginger Gold, which is new to me.

aseknc said...

Ooooh, it sounds as good as your drawing! Was it??? :o) hehehehe

donna said...

I am sorry to say it was not. But it had gone camping with my neighbor and the boy scouts, and was a left over.

aseknc said...

At least you got a great drawing out of it!

Gift of Art said...

Yummmmy apple!

Janene said...

Your apple is lovely--it glows and has such a nice sketchy quality.

Alex said...

Looks very juicy indeed! I eat an apple almost everyday and I have yet to draw any >___<
Love the colors and the texture!

Cathy Holtom said...

Lovely glowing colour.

nanke's stuff said...

It is lovely .... there's just something about apples! nancy

Unknown said...

Wonderful job, Donna! Golden certainly fits as its name!

donna said...

I would like to thank everyone for stopping by and leaving such kind comments. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

very good colors, specially the shadow, purple with yellow, beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What is it about apples? They're such a nice shape. Nicely done; I think it's a challenge to model a yellow shape and you've done it well.

Timaree said...

I've never heard of this type of apple. Nice job!

donna said...

benedicte, Peggy and freebird, thank you for your encouragement!

Ann said...

Great drawing! Apples are fun to draw. I love the color of this!

donna said...

Ann--Thanks! Apples are fun and the color really grabbed me.