Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Some sketches!

I have not posted in a long time, but I have been sketching quite a bit. Here is what I have been up to.
I hope this doesn't look like a Rorschach test! It is actually from a photograph of a man in a boat on an island off the coast of Honduras. 
Above is a preliminary sketch for my first ever "real" watercolor. I was inspired by a catalog cover from last winter. I am not going to be able to start the painting before the New Year. You know how it is. But I am working on a second sketch to plan which steps to take first. I have lots of questions, so I will be turning to the EDM list. Get ready!
Lastly, this is a piece of iPod art. It was done on Zen Brush. I am working on learning both Zen Brush and Sketchbook. I hope to have more digital art to share soon.

12 comments:

Dan Kent said...

No Rorshach test, and no explanation needed - well done. And your preliminary sketch looks good enough to be final to me! Good luck with watercolor. At first it is a real challenge, but then it is very rewarding.

Janene said...

Good to have you back, Donna. Your sketches are well done. All that practice you have been doing must be paying off!

donna said...

Dan and Janene--thanks to both for the kind comments. It is good to be back.

donna said...

Oh, and Dan congratulations on your blog recognition.

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
I love your Zenbrush tree.
It is very strong, a lot of character.
I like very much this app, it helps to go to the essential.
Very nice watercolor too,
(they would look good with zenbrush)

donna said...

Benedicte--thanks for visiting. I am glad you enjoyed my sketches. You are right about trying them on Zen Brush. I will try them!

Cathy Holtom said...

Your watercolour sketch is a great compostition, great start Donna!

donna said...

Cathy--thank you! I am looking forward to this project.

Alex said...

Gorgeous lines =)

donna said...

Thanks Alex! Good to "see" you. I think I read that you found a job. YAY!

Anonymous said...

I think these are all great sketches and I look forward to seeing more!

donna said...

phthaloblu--Thanks, I glad you liked them. I am putting together a winter solstice post. Be on the look out!